Sunday, August 23, 2009

Thanks for the memories

Lately I've been thinking how nice it would be to make a return visit to Hungary. I went to Budapest with my classmates and teacher for three weeks in April/May 2006. My classmate and I had just finished our second year, and the three other girls had just finished their third year. While there, we had lectures on adult symptomology, observed in the adult department, visited some of our favorite conductors in their groups, went on a horseback-riding excursion with the integrated kindergarten, enjoyed dinners with professors, bought finger puppets at a shop in Szentendre, saw many attractions around Budapest, and so much more. I've been looking through photos from the trip, and thought I would share just a few of them with you.

It was a long trip from Michigan, but we finally arrived at the airport in Budapest...
We lived at Villanyi Ut Peto for three weeks.
My room
A park on Villanyi ut. Enjoyed more than one piece of dobos torta on the park bench.
We spent lots of time at the Peto Institute.
A view from the balcony.
We enjoyed The Marriage of Figaro at the Opera House.
Fun times on a carriage ride.
One of the most beautiful places I've ever been...

At Moricz Zsigmond Square.
The architecture was so beautiful.
On the Duna...
I do hope to be able to return to Hungary sooner rather than later...

No comments:

Post a Comment