Monday, August 17, 2009

Time for a vacation...

After a summer that was absolutely packed full of CE programming, I now have a couple of weeks to take a bit of a vacation. If I could have planned in advance, I would have loved to make a return trip to Budapest, or perhaps I could have gone to visit Susie M. Alas, my summer schedule came together at the last minute, and now my vacation must be a "local" one. Below I shall describe a few of the options of how I can possibly spend my upcoming free time...

Fulton County Fair, September 4-10
  • Primitive camping
  • Baby animal barn
  • Backseat driver contest
  • Cow Milking and Costumed Animal Contest
  • The Oak Ridge Boys & Charlie Daniels Band
  • Elephant ears, corn dogs, and every other type of junk food

Cruise Night, Every Tuesday
  • Classic cars lining the street
  • My favorite: Blue 1969 Ford Mustang

Sauder Historic Village, Tuesday-Sunday
  • Interact with history in our fully-staffed Village brimming with
    the stories, sights and sounds of a century ago.

Toledo Museum of Art, Tuesday-Sunday
  • Monkey Business
  • Prints of Pop II: The Art of Sir Eduardo Paolozzi
  • LitGraphic: The World of the Graphic Novel

Of course, attempting to sleep in, catching up on some reading, dog-sitting for my parents, and attending the ACENA Conference are also on the list. Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

1 comment:

  1. My suggestion is to get that ticket bought and get right over here, straight away! I will meet you at any airport in Germany, as you know I love a train journey!

    Or you could plan the trip to Budapest for a later date and I will meet you there, I can show you the sights and we can comb the Petö Institute's Library for that missing Petö Proverb.

    What ever it is that you decide to do have a lovely, relaxing time.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete